Friday, August 19, 2011

Break Time

So hey!  It's been awhile, hasn't it?  I have so much to update on and write about!


I had my last day at my wonderful job last Friday, a whole week ago!  Can't believe summer flew by that fast!

I went on my FIRST vacation of the whole year this past week!!!  YAY and about time!!  I've never wanted or I think needed a vacation so bad!  My sister Lauren and her hubby, Peter flew out on Saturday, and we left Monday to stay at one of THE most beautiful cabins above Sundance.  It was the loveliest get-away. :)  It was right on the slopes of Sundance Ski Resort, so when we went mountain biking Tuesday, we rode right up to the cabin after without going all the way down to the bottom and driving up!  Lovely I tell you.  So super convenient!  I came home from biking with a few battle wounds though.. :(  So I'm just going to wallow in my ouchies for a minute.. We were stopped on a slanting little dirt hill, and everybody started riding again, I was last, and when I pushed off, I didn't realize my chain had fallen off, soo when I pedaled, I couldn't!  And my bike fell over and on we both went down the hill a bit.  I landed on a rock which split my pants and marked up my knee quite a bit..if any of you have ever wanted to catch a rainbow, I have one on my knee.. I'm not missing any colors, tell ya what!  So that happened, and I got reeeally sunburned.  Wednesday we floated the Provo River, which was wonderful as well.  BUT the river was so strong, we had to keep pushing against the river with our hands to avoid rocks and sticks and such on the sides.  Everybody ended up with terrible terrible rashes on their arms...euw.  Mine have finally scabbed today from being raw for 2 days, ah I can finally bend and move my arms without literal searing pain!  So yep, the only thing that really hurts still, is my knee, but it's on it's way!  Lovely trip, but nature and it's elements definitely didn't looove me this week.

I know I only have one picture, but the rest are on our camera!  This one I just found on my dad's phone. :)  So maybe I'll upload pics from the cabin and such, later. :) But there's me biking in those stunning mountains! :)


Thursday I PACKED UP MY ROOM FOR SCHOOL!  Moving Monday baby!! :)

Friday (today), I went on a road trip (I'm currently on it...we're driving home!) to Twin Falls, ID to visit my cute grandma, great grandparents, and aunt.  Just visited for a couple hours, went to dinner, and left!  It was great. :)  Currently Lauren and the Daddy are belting The Sound of Music.. it's a happy car!  Haha but really, GET ME OUT!!!!  Jk jk, they're good singers. :)  The whole fam has just been singing the whole soundtrack allllll weeeekkkk cause we went to the play together on Monday..so yep!

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA, TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY...and we're going to Lagoon!!   It's been more than a year!  I love going with family too, it's going to be super fun. :)  Though...the last time I went cannot be topped..that's all I'm gonna say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment