Thursday, July 7, 2011

Opposites

Today was quite eventful.  Many positives and many negatives.
We'll talk about the negatives first so you'll finish reading on a happy note. :)

NEVATIVES

  • I went into work at 11am and my poor co-worker is soo very ill, every symptom she has makes it sound like she has pneumonia or bronchitis.  Not fun.  Her baby and husband have it too... :(  But we need her at work because only three of us work there, so we have an opener, a mid, and a closer. Anyway, she came in today almost without a voice, and was coughing up a storm whenever she tried to talk. At about 6 (I had an hour left), the girl that watches her baby while she's a work, called crying saying that the baby was throwing up his milk, it sounded like he couldn't breath, and she didn't know what to do.  So I told Brittany to go home, take care of herself and her baby, I would stay an extra 2 hours and close for her.  So the poor thing went home, I really think she needs her rest and she needs to watch her baby.  The baby is so sick that he has to have a breathing tube and everything!  That was definitely a sad part of the day. 
  • Because I now had to stay at work until 9:15, Maddie had no way of getting home from her friends house at 7pm...which is when I was going to pick her up on my way home from work.  So we were stuck.  Maddie was frantically texting me saying HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET HOME!?  You can't, Taylor isn't answering, and my friend's parents are gone!  Yeah, that was fun.  Fortunately Taylor FINALLY answered his phone and was able to grab her.
  • Also because I closed, I missed going to the gym with Emily. :( I went when I got home from work instead.  Which is still fine, but we weren't able to try our "hoist" machines.  Maybe tomorrow. :)
  • I have an irrational fear of spiders.  Poor little Maddie does too.  I swear, her room has been infected lately.  4 days ago she came up in the morning complaining of a spider bite on her leg.  3 days ago, she complained about having ANOTHER spider bite on her leg.  2 days ago, when she climbed into bed, she FOUND the spider that had been attacking her the past two nights.  Taylor and I were  watching 24 when we heard her scream from her room.  It actually was kinda funny. :P  She screamed and as if we didn't hear it and she wanted to make sure we had, she screamed again.  Bahaha.  Luckily Taylor was a man and killed it for her.  But then tonight...oh gees tonight was terrible.  Maddie was going to bed, she screams and yells that she found a beetle on her floor. HOLY SICK RIGHT!?  We've never ever had bugs in our house, so this is kinda weird.  She stamps it with a shoe and currently the shoe is still sitting on top of the bug.  So then fifteen minutes later, we hear a petrified scream again!!  She yells, "SSPPPIIIIDDEEERRR"  Hahahaha Taylor and I were just crackin up, but he was starting to get annoyed because our episode was being interuppted, so I got up and I thought I'd have the courage to kill it for her, but when I saw it, I just could NOT do it.  I was wayy too scared, haha.  So I called for Taylor and he came and killed it, then kinda was put out about our scaredie-cat-ness, said he was not going to kill another one that night no matter what.  Maddie broke down about having to sleep in her room, so she's in bed with me tonight.  Poor thing I just feel bad cuz if I were her and had her room, I'd probably sleep in the farthest room from it!  SPIDERS ARE WASTY.
POSITIVES
  • Today had a ton of happy moments too. :)  Like when I got my favorite salad of all time for lunch...Zupas Summer Chicken.  OH MY GOSH HEAVEN ON EARTH.  And I got a delish chocolate strawberry too.
  • A lady raved to me about my hair, she begged for my hair-stylists number, which may not sound like a big deal, but I recently had it cut and it's a little short, I'm not LOVING it, so that meant a lot. :)  And then one of our customers, every time he's in the store, comments, "Hey movie star.  How you doin'?  You should be a movie star..you know that?"  And it's cute cuz he's like 70 and from Italy with a heavy accent.  :)  I love him.
  • I GOT TO TALK TO MY MAMA TODAY!!!  I love her so much and I need her sooo much my goodness.  I go without any form of communication for ONE day and I breakdown about it.  She's such a blessing in my life!!  It was fun to talk for a bit.
  • I GOT A LETTER FROM CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cutiest letter in the world, she's such a doll, I absolutely love her.  Can't wait to write her back, I've been letter deprived lately for sure!  
  • Emily Budge asked me today if I'd run a half-marathon with her in November and I'm doing it!!!!!!!  AHHH!!  I'm soo out of shape right now, so it's gonna be so fun to get back into shape, and I'm taking a running class at BYU this fall, so that'll help kick my butt into shape too and get me used to the distance and such.  I CANNOT WAIT.  Oh and Taylor wants to do it too. :) I'm so excited.  13.somethin' miles, here Emilie comes!!! :) :)
  • I get to snuggle with my cute puppy in bed. :)
  • I get to open the store tomorrow, which means I get off early which means I have soo much of my day tomorrow to play!!! I think Maddie and I will go rollerblading. :)  And then I'll play with a friend. :)  Ah and I need to clean my room. :P
  • Lauren told me today that Harmons carries my beloved Vitatops!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)  Can't wait to pick some of those up tomorrow.
Yep.  Today was full of happys and not-so-happys.  But I feel like it was such a good day!  The happys definitely outweighed the not-so-happys. :)  Night everybody, I hope tomorrow's a good day too!!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment